Best way to Optimize Website for SEO With Easy Setp By Step
If you have good SEO, you can attract more traffic and get more opportunities to convert potential customers.
What is Search Engine optimization (SEO)?
It’s the process of increasing your website traffic through search engine results. This helps your website become more discoverable. When potential customers search terms related to your brand, they’ll have a better chance of discovering your website and becoming a customer. Imagine you have a fitness business. You offer dieting and workout tips on your website. You also have an article about losing weight. With good SEO practices, a person searching a keyword like “how to lose weight” might have a better chance of finding that article—and therefore, your brand. That’s the power of SEO.
Importance Of SEO For Every Business!
Why do you need SEO?
Building a strong site architecture and providing clear navigation will help search engines index your site quickly and easily. This will also, more importantly, provide visitors with a good experience of using your site and encourage repeat visits. It’s worth considering that Google is increasingly paying attention to user experience. When it comes to how much traffic is driven by search engines to your website, the percentage is substantial, and perhaps the clearest indicator of the importance of SEO.
In 2014, Conductor suggested 64% of all web traffic comes from organic search, compared to 2% from social, 6% from paid search, 12% direct and 15% from other referral sources. This tallies with our own data, with approximately 70-75% of SEW traffic coming from organic.
What are search engines looking for?
1) Relevancy Search engines try to provide the most relevant results to a searcher’s query, whether it’s a simple answer to the question “how old is Ryan Gosling?” (the answer of which Google will likely provide without you having to leave the SERP) to more complicated queries such as “what is the best steak restaurant nearest to me?”
2) The quality of your content Do you regularly publish helpful, useful articles, videos or other types of media that are popular and well produced? Do you write for actual human beings rather than the search engine itself? Well, you should. Latest research from Searchmetrics on ranking factors indicates that Google is moving further towards longer-form content that understands a visitor’s intention as a whole, instead of using keywords based on popular search queries to create content.
Why Digital Marketing is Important for Small And Medium Business
3) User experience There are many SEO benefits for providing the best possible user experience. You need an easily navigable, clearly searchable site with relevant internal linking and related content. All the stuff that keeps visitors on your webpage and hungry to explore further.
4) Site speed How quickly your webpages load is increasingly becoming a differentiator for search engines. Google may soon start labelling results that are hosted on Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP) so this may possibly be the ‘mobilegeddon’ of 2016.
5) Cross-device compatibility Is your website and its content equally optimised for any given screen size or device? Bear in mind that Google has stated that responsive design is its preferred method of mobile optimisation.
6) Internal linking We’ve talked about the benefits of ensuring your site has clear and easy-to-use navigation, but there’s also a practice that editors and writers can carry out when publishing articles to help push traffic around the site and that may lead to higher trust signals for Google: internal linking.
Why Site is so Important for Your Business?
7) Authority An authority website is a site that is trusted by its users, the industry it operates in, other websites and search engines.
8) Meta descriptions and title tags Having a meta description won’t necessarily improve your ranking on the SERP, but it is something you should definitely use before publishing an article as it can help increase your chances of a searcher clicking on your result.
9) Schema markup You can make your search results appear more attractive by adding Schema markup to the HTML of your pages.
10) Properly tagged images Many people forget to include the alt attribute when they upload images to their content, but this is definitely something you shouldn’t overlook because Google cannot ‘see’ your images, but can ‘read’ the alt text.
Important SEO Tools to Optimize Your Website for Success
- Google Search Console
- DreamHost SEO Toolkit
- Moz Pro
- HubSpot’s Website Grader
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner
What are search engines NOT looking for?
There are many ‘black hat’ practices that can bring the full weight of a Google penalty down on your site, so it’s best to avoid doing the following, even if it looks like a brilliant easy win at the time.
1) Keyword stuffing Overusing keywords on your pages, especially when they obviously affect the readability of your site. It’s debatable whether Google even still uses keywords as a ranking factor anymore.
2) Link buying or excessive link exchanging Thinking of approaching a link farm? Just don’t do it. It’s not even worth it. The most valuable links to your site are the ones that come from authority sites within your own niche.
3) Annoying ads Anything overly intrusive that destroys the pleasure of reading your content and slows down your site speed.
4) Mobile app interstitials If you present mobile visitors with a full-screen advert to download your app, Google will consider you no longer mobile friendly.
Conclusion Right, on that note, I’ll finish up. Clearly this isn’t everything that you can do to help your initial SEO efforts, but it’s a good grounding at least
One thought on “Best way to Optimize Website for SEO With Easy Setp By Step”